The Week Ahead
The Russell 2000, S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Average and NASDAQ 100 were all lower for the week thanks to the action after the FOMC meeting.
Monday, June 21st
- No economic data of note besides weekly data.
Tuesday, June 22nd
- May Existing Home Sales are due out at 8:30 a.m. EDT and came in last month at 5.85 million and is expected to drop 5.71 million this month.
Wednesday, June 23th
- May New Home Sales are due out at 8:30 a.m. EDT and are expected to fall to 873,000 from 975,000.
Thursday, June 24th
- May Durable Orders is due out at 8:30 a.m. EDT and is expected to rise to 2.8% from 1.0%.
- Q1 GDP (third estimate) is due out at 8:30 a.m. EDT and is expected to remain at 6.4%.
- The Bank of England (BOE) is out with its latest monetary policy decision well before markets open on Thursday.
- The latest short interest for the NYSE and NASDAQ is due out after the close for the period through June 11th settlement date.
Friday, June 25th
- May Personal Income is due out at 8:30 a.m. EDT and is expected to drop to -2.5% from -13.1-%. This is due to the stimulus money.
- May PCE Prices – Core is due out at 8:30 a.m. EDT and is due to fall to 0.6% from 0.7%.